Credit Card Payments on Mobile
There are two ways to record a payment to your credit card(s). You can enter it or import it—or both actually. Either way, the payment transaction needs to be entered as a transfer.
Entering a Credit Card Payment
- Tap Accounts and choose the credit card account.
- Tap the + Transaction icon.
- Enter the amount of the payment. Tap the toggle to turn it green—which means it's an inflow to the credit card account.
- Tap the Payee field and choose a Transfer Account. The options are listed at the very top, or right below the Near You section if you use Geo Payees. Select the account from which the payment was (or will be) made.
- Your last step is to tap Save Transaction.
Imported Credit Card Payments
For linked accounts, credit card payments will import once they clear. If it's the first payment between two particular accounts, YNAB won't know to make it a transfer. That is, unless you enter the payment first—using the steps above—which allows them to automatically match up.
If a credit card payment imports as regular transaction, here's how to make it a transfer:
- Open up the transaction that imported.
- Tap the Payee field to change it to the appropriate Transfer Account.
- Now you can Save Transaction.
Now you'll see one side of the transfer in each account. If you've already imported the payment in the other account, it should have matched up and just need approval. Going forward, as long as your bank uses the same payee for payments, YNAB will know to make it a transfer automatically. All you'll need to do is approve the match!