Making a Transfer on Mobile
Have you moved money from one physical (you know, real-world) account to another and need to reflect that in YNAB? No problem. How your transfer is recorded depends on how those real-world accounts are set up in YNAB.
Recording a transfer
If you've made a transfer between real-world accounts and both of those accounts are set up in YNAB, you’ll be making a transfer in the app.
- Tap Accounts and then tap on the account that the money is leaving.
- Click the add a transaction button (the + icon at the bottom of the screen).
- In the Payee field, transfer options are automatically listed at the top of the drop-down menu. Select the one your money is moving to.
- If the destination account is another budget account, there's no category needed. (You’re just moving money from one place to another.) If the destination account is a tracking account, you’ll need to categorize this transaction.
- Enter the outflow amount.
That’s it! The transfer will automatically show up in both accounts.
What if the transaction imported already?
If a transaction imported from the bank, and it should be a transfer, you can tap on that transaction to edit it. Change the payee to one of those transfer payees, and you'll be all set.
If your transfer is a credit card payment, then your Credit Card Payment category will be updated when you enter the transfer. Check out this article on Credit Card Payments for more on that!