Mobile Quick Start Step 3: Set a Goal
A budget is about reaching your goals. Big or small, here's how:
First, think: Why decide to budget? What's your goal?
- Select the category in your budget that matches one of your goals. If you need to, make your own!
- Tap the Details icon in the Category Menu (the panel that pops up when you tap a category).
- Tap Create a goal under the Goals section.
- For this first one, select Category Balance by Date. (You can explore the other goal options later!)
- Now enter the Target Balance and the Target Date. How much do you need to save? By when?
- Tap "Save Goal". Ta-da! 🎉
The category may turn orange in the Available column. That means your goal needs money to stay on track! Budget more money to that category and watch as your wildest dreams come true!