Adding Income on Mobile
Adding income kicks off a new cycle in your budget, no matter where the money comes from—whether it's a paycheck, interest accrued or gift money. Once it's entered, you'll assign those dollars jobs, then spend (or save!) them based on your budget.
Be sure to only add your income only once you have received it! You'll be more successful with your budget working only with money you have on hand.
If you're just starting out, you'll need to add your accounts to your budget before you can add income. Once your accounts are added, you'll be ready to follow the steps below. 🎉
How to Add Income on Mobile
- Tap the Transaction (+) button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the amount of your income.
- Tap Done.
- Make sure the toggle switch is on inflow at the top of the screen.
- In the Payee field, choose or create a payee that describes the source of the money (typically a person or business, but you can also use something more general like Paycheck, Interest, or Gift Money).
- Set the category as Inflow: Ready to Assign.
- Feel free to customize the date, add a flag or memo, or set this as a repeating inflow by adjusting the additional fields on this screen.
- Tap Save when you're done.
Looking for Income Categories?
Income is typically categorized as Inflow: Ready to Assign. If you would like to track income sources, use different payees. They'll even be listed separately on your Income v Expense Report in the web app.