Quick Budget on Mobile
You can begin each month with a blank slate or you can use the Quick Budget tool to get a jump start. Quick Budget = simple budgeting (and math!), which keeps you focused on your decisions.
With Multiple Categories Selected
Find the Lightning Bolt icon in the upper left (on iOS) or upper right (on Android) corner of your screen and give it a tap. You can either select specific categories or leave all unselected to fund the entire budget.
- Underfunded: This will budget to any categories with a red or orange status in the Available column (whether because of overspending, an unmet goal, or an uncovered upcoming transaction) and bring the Available amount to $0.00.
- Budgeted Last Month: Some budgeted amounts just don’t change. Use this option to budget the same amount as the previous month.
- Spent Last Month: If you feel like the previous month’s spending was a pretty good template for the current month, fire up this option.
- Average Budgeted: A 1 to 12 month rolling average of the budgeted value for this category. The current month is excluded.
- Average Spent: The not-so hidden gem of Quick Budgeting. Spending averages are super-honest. This is an average of up to the last 12 months – use it as the basis for your budget, and you’ll likely be right on target.
With a Single Category Selected
You can also fund categories individually by first selecting the category and tapping the Quick Budget Lightning Bolt in the Category Menu.
Additional Quick Budget tools at the individual category level:
- Upcoming Transactions: Do you have a scheduled transaction for this category? Click here and you’ll instantly budget what you need to be ready for it.
- Goal Target: Do you have a monthly funding goal, or a target balance by date goal? Way to plan ahead! This option will budget what is needed to keep you on track.
💡 Remember: it is important to only budget money you already have. If Quick Budgeting ever turns To be Budgeted red, make adjustments until it returns to a happy, green $0.00.
- To check your Goal totals, flip forward to a future month. Tap on Quick Budget, and when no categories are selected, Underfunded will show the sum of the goals you’ve set. Make sure to tap X to cancel!
- See what you budgeted in a previous month (without switching months!) by tapping on Quick Budget and referring to Budgeted Last Month:
- With no categories selected (Entire Budget), you’ll see the total budgeted in the previous month.
- Tap to select a category or category group to narrow it down further, like how much you spent in the Grocery category last month! 🛒