Mobile Quick Start Step 4: Schedule Future Transactions
Navigate to the Transaction icon.
- Enter the amount and type of transaction, then tap Next.
- Choose the payee, category, account, date of the next occurrence, and how often you would like the transaction to repeat. You're all set!
- Your transaction will now appear at the top of your register in gray. It will not yet affect your budget.
- When the date of the next occurrence comes, the transaction will appear in bold in your register, waiting for you to approve it (we want to make sure it actually happened as planned!)
It’s simple to plan for future transactions, including repeating ones, right in the account register.
Using Scheduled Transactions in Your Budgeting
Bonus Wins! 😍
- When you have a scheduled transaction that you haven’t (fully) budgeted for, you’ll see orange (orange = underfunded!) in the category that month. You can use that fancy Lightning Bolt icon to pull up the Quick Budget tool to fund any Underfunded categories.
- For additional info, select the category that has a scheduled transaction. Tap the Details icon. You’ll know how much will be available in the category after that bill is paid. Glorious.