Delete Your YNAB Account
Unlike canceling your subscription, deleting your account will permanently delete all of your budget data—immediately. If you're sure you'd like to take this step, here's how to delete your account:
How to Delete Your YNAB Account
- *If you subscribed through the Apple App Store (on an iPhone or iPad), you'll first need to cancel your subscription with iTunes to make sure they don't charge you on the renewal date after your account is deleted. As Apple handles their own billing, you will be subject to their terms on refunds—and will need to contact them directly with billing questions.*
- Click on the name of your budget in the top left corner.
- Click on Account Settings.
- If your trial has expired, click Back to Settings in the upper left corner.
- Turn off Two-Step Verification if you have it enabled.
- Scroll down to the Delete Account section at the bottom.
If you subscribed through the Google Play Store (on an Android), deleting your account will automatically cancel your subscription with Google to make sure they don’t charge you on the renewal date. If you have any billing questions, you can contact YNAB directly.
If you subscribed through YNAB directly, this will automatically end your subscription and trigger a refund for any unused time only if you're on the annual subscription plan. We do not process refunds for monthly subscriptions. If you do not see the prorated refund process back within ten business days, please contact YNAB directly as we may have run into an issue processing that refund. Please include your PayPal address so we have an alternative refund option, if needed.
If you decide you'd like to return to YNAB in the future, you'll be able to create a new account with the same email address.
Data Retention Policy
If your subscription expires—and remains expired for three years—we'll delete your account for you per our data retention policy. A week before we do, we'll send you an email to let you know, just in case you'd like to give YNAB another try!