Searching Transactions on Mobile
Can't remember how much you spent on groceries last week? Not to worry—you can search transactions easily at the top of your account register.
In This Article
Searching on Mobile
Can't see mobile search? Try scrolling up or tap on the search icon in the top bar to reveal it.
How to Search on Mobile
- From the Accounts tab, select a specific account to search in (like Checking), or tap All Accounts to search across...well, all of them!
- To activate search, tap the search box at the top of the register and start typing.
- YNAB will filter the transactions in your account register based on what you type.
- You can type a number and YNAB will show you transactions that match the numbers in your search.
- Tap X or Cancel to clear a search.
- If you only see a limited list of transactions in your account register, that means that search is still filtering your transactions. To go back to the full list, scroll to the top and tap the X or Cancel.
Using the Selected Total in Tandem with Search
The selected total feature in the mobile app allows you to select transactions and see a total without using an external calculator tool. This means you can use the selected total feature paired with a search to easily find out the totals for all kinds of things!
How to Find a Selected Total
- From the Accounts tab, tap on All Accounts.
- Search for a certain category, a particular flag (name or color), a distinct payee, or any other criteria you need.
- Tap the circle next to individual transactions to see the selected total calculate for them at the top of the register.
This is a handy way to find the total spending for a specific payee (like in our Spending Report on web).
You can also search for other (even multiple!) criteria. For example, if you wanted to see all of your red flags in your dining category, you could search "Dining Red". Here are the different criteria you can search for:
- Flag Name and Flag Color
- Split Transactions
Let the transaction hunt begin! 🎉