Quick Start Step 4: Schedule Future Transactions
You’ve given every dollar a job. Now what? Now it's time to get prepared by scheduling transactions (let’s face it, these are bills …) that you know are coming.
Creating Scheduled Transactions
- Click Add a transaction.
- Select the frequency of the transaction by using the drop-down menu below the calendar.
- Enter the date of the next occurrence of the transaction. This will be in the future!
- Your transaction will now appear at the top of your register in gray. It will not yet affect your budget.
- When the date of the next occurrence comes, the transaction will appear in bold in your register, waiting for you to approve it (we want to make sure it actually happened as planned!).
Using Scheduled Transactions in Your Budgeting
Here are a couple of bonus wins for your effort (really, though, was it hard?):
- When you have a scheduled transaction that you haven’t (fully) budgeted for, you’ll see orange (orange means underfunded!) in the category that month. You can use that fancy Underfunded button to take care of it.
- Select the category that has a scheduled transaction. You’ll know how much you’ll have available in the category after that bill is paid. Glorious.