Notes on Mobile
There are several ways to leave yourself notes within your budget! Let's take a look at how to add these personalizations on mobile.
In This Article:
How to Add a Category Note
- Tap on a category.
- Tap Details (or the three dots [...]) to reveal the Notes section (you may need to scroll down)
- Tap into this section, and then you can start writing!
- Press return on the keypad for a line break when writing or editing category notes.
- Tap Done.
How to Add an Account Note
Account-Specific Notes are available for iOS devices, but aren't currently available on Android.
- From within the account register itself, tap the More button (three dots icon) in the top right corner.
- Tap Edit Account.
- From this window, you'll see an "Account Notes" section where you can type away!
- Tap Save when you're done.
There are a couple of features in the web app that aren't yet in the mobile app, and the ability to create Month-Specific Notes is one of these. Here's how to do that in the web app! We're constantly working on new features to improve YNAB. The Feature Request Form allows you to share your thoughts and suggestions directly with the Design Team.