YNAB Widget for Apple iOS14
The YNAB widget lets you see your favorite categories, and even enter transactions, right from your iPhone's home screen.
Adding the YNAB Widget
If you have iOS 14 installed on your Apple device, you can add the YNAB widget by following these steps:
- From the Home Screen, touch and hold a widget or an empty area until the apps jiggle.
- Tap the Add button (➕) in the upper-left corner.
- Select a widget (or search for "YNAB").
- Choose from three widget sizes (small = 1 category, medium = 3 categories, large = 7 categories), then tap Add Widget.
- Tap Done.
Customizing the YNAB Widget
The YNAB Widget will automatically pick your pinned categories to display in your widget. If you don't have any pinned categories, the first categories listed in your budget are chosen by default. You can change the categories used in your widget at any time (it's all about your priorities with YNAB) by following these steps:
- Tap and hold the YNAB widget, and tap Edit Widget.
- Tap the category you want to replace, and select a new category.
- You can rearrange your categories by dragging and dropping them using the hamburger icon (the three horizontal lines to the right of the category name).
Stacks on Stacks on Stacks
The YNAB Widget is also stackable, so you can add it to a Stack with other widgets, or even create multiple YNAB widgets to Stack together (a widget for you, a widget for your partner, everybody gets a widget!).
Entering Transactions from the Widget
To add a new transaction right from the widget, tap the category you'd like to add a transaction in. YNAB's transaction screen will launch, and you can enter all your purchase details. Tapping Save will return you to the YNAB App for more budgeting adventures.