Direct Import helps make sure you have all your transactions in YNAB. Transactions import once they clear your bank (which can take a day or two), so it's best to record your spending right away. When transactions are imported, they'll match right up with the ones you entered – and you'll know you haven't missed any.
In This Article
- Setting up Direct Import on a New Account
- What to Expect After Connecting
- Setting up Direct Import on an Existing Account
Setting up Direct Import on a New Account
You can add an account and set up Direct Import at the same time by following these steps:
- Click Add Account in the left sidebar.
- Select from your list of connections or choose Add Another Bank and search for your financial institution by name or URL. (If this is your very first Direct Import connection, you'll skip right to the searching.)
- Enter your login credentials and follow the prompts. If you run into an error, try these troubleshooting steps.
- Select the account you'd like to add, edit the account name if you'd like, and click Save!
If your bank isn’t in the list, or you don't want to connect to your bank, choose Skip instead. You'll still be able to import transactions from a file downloaded from your bank as a quick and easy alternative to Direct Import!
What to Expect After Connecting
Once you have your connection established, YNAB will import your most recent balance – and that's it. Once your “pending” transactions clear, they'll be available to import within 12 hours.
When you see a number next to the Import button at the top of our account register in the web app or the New Transactions banner in the mobile app, you know you have transactions to import!
In the Web App
In the Mobile App
You should still enter transactions in the mobile app as you go! Once those transactions clear your bank and import, they’ll match right up (as long as the amounts match). You can also manually match an imported transaction with one you entered.
Now it's time to categorize and approve them!
Setting up Direct Import on an Existing Account
If you've already added an account to YNAB, and you'd like to get it connected to your bank, follow these steps:
Select from your list of connections or choose Add Another Bank and search for your financial institution.
Enter your login credentials and follow the prompts. If you run into an error, try these troubleshooting steps.
Having trouble setting up Direct Import?
Check out our troubleshooting article, but whatever you do - don't let it stop you from budgeting! Enter your transactions (in the mobile app when you're on-the-go) or better yet, try File-Based Import. It's as simple as dragging and dropping a file into YNAB!