File-Based Importing with an iPad
If you have an iPad that supports Multitasking, you're in luck!
File-Based Importing makes it easy to drag and drop a file of transactions from your bank right into YNAB. You can do this from the comfort of your couch using your iPad's Split View feature.
How to Import Your File
- From within your online banking account, look for the option to download or export your transactions. You'll want a QFX, QIF, or OFX file.
- Once you have your file, open Safari and enter the URL app.youneedabudget.com.
- Log into your budget as usual.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the dock.
- On the doc, touch and hold the Files app.
- Drag it off the dock to the left or right edge of the screen.
- Now you're ready to import your file! Touch and hold the bank file to drag it into YNAB!
- That's it! Now you're ready to customize your import.