Sometimes you spend from multiple categories in a single transaction (hello, Target!). Not a problem, just enter your transaction as a split transaction.
- Click Add a transaction or find your imported transaction.
- You're using multiple categories, but it is still one payee. Drop it in there.
- In the category field, select Split (Multiple Categories) at the bottom of the drop-down menu. The category field on the top line will then say Split (Multiple Categories). So clever!
- Enter the total outflow or inflow in this top line.
- Now, on each line that follows, select a category and enter the corresponding amount. Keep going until you've entered everything. You'll then see a zero remaining at the bottom, and you'll be ready to save!
There's another way!
You can also enter split transactions in the YNAB mobile apps. Check out our Split Transactions on Mobile help doc for more details.