Manage Your Subscription
How you update your subscription depends on which platform you're using and how you subscribed.
- If you subscribed directly through YNAB, changes to your subscription can be made in your Account Settings in the web app.
- If you subscribed through the App Store (on an iPhone or iPad), you'll need to manage your subscription through Apple.
- If you're using the YNAB Android app, you can make any changes (except deleting your account) by tapping the More Menu (three dots icon) and then Account Settings.
In This Article
Change Billing Information
Did your card expire since last year? Did your bank make you change cards three times since then? No problem!
Account Settings on the web app, click the
- Now enter your new credit card information. We'll verify the card, but don't worry—you won't be charged until your current subscription period is up!
Get an Invoice or Receipt
We'll email you a copy of your receipt when your subscription renews, but if you lose that email (#InboxZero, am I right?) or you need to change the details, you can get an invoice.
Whether it's for taxes or to frame and hang on your wall, here's how you can access your invoices:
- In Account Settings on the web app, click the View button in the YNAB Invoices section.
- Add/update your address details in the Recipient Address section if needed, and click the Update Invoices button. (These details will be displayed on your invoices but won't affect your YNAB billing information.)
- Tip: If you need to include a tax reference number, we suggest adding that after the Company Name.
- Then, click View to select an invoice and that will open a new tab for you to print or download as needed.
If you purchased your subscription through Apple, you can view your purchase history here.
Cancel Your Subscription
Canceling your subscription will allow you to access YNAB through the end of your current subscription period. Until that point, you'll see an option to resume the subscription. Once it expires, your account will not renew and you will lose access to your budget. However, you can resubscribe to restore access to your budget(s).
If your subscription remains expired for three years, your account data will be deleted—but we'll remind you before then in case you want to give YNAB another try!