Syncing with Mobile
Let's face it, spending decisions don't only happen at home—so accessing your budget on the go is a key habit of successful budgeters. Happily, syncing your budget across devices is a breeze.
How to Sync with Mobile
- Make sure you've got the latest iOS or Android app and check for any updates!
- You can create your YNAB account using either the web or mobile app.
- Log in on your mobile device with your YNAB account email and password—or try the Continue with Apple/Google options.
- That's it!
It's truly seamless—but here are a few things that might make it feel... seamful?
If you have the mobile app for YNAB Classic (a previous version of YNAB), it won't sync. If your app is asking you about Dropbox, you've got the older version.
Do numbers in your budget look different? Make sure you're looking at the right budget on your mobile device.
How to Confirm You're in the Right Budget on Mobile
- From the Budget tab, tap the More Menu (three dots icon) at the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Your current budget name will display on the Settings page under Current Budget.
- If this is not the one you're looking for, tap Open Budget.
- Tap the name of the budget you're trying to sync!
Dang Ol' Internet
In a bad cell area? WiFi is out? Left your phone in airplane mode? It happens, and no one will hold it against you. You can still enter transactions when offline—just remember to pull down to refresh when your connection is re-established. It will happen in the background automatically if you forget, but then you don't have to wait!